Pool Skimmer Draining

eric99gt

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Houston, TX
I'm having an odd issue. At least to me. The one pool skimmer is being drained by the pump (there's two skimmers). It's draining it all the way down to the point where it's just splashing in to an empty skimmer basket. No valves have been turned recently and the pool is very full. Any thoughts?

dmanb2b

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2009
NY
is there a weir (ie skimmer door) stuck...either that or it sounds like a blockage

eric99gt

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Houston, TX
Actually I just went and messed with the weir and that seemed to do the trick. I pushed down the weir and it filled back up with water and stayed there. It really didn't seem stuck, more just not pressing down very far. I was messing with the weir the other day by pressing it down just to get some debris down in there. Wondering if this caused an issue.

dmanb2b

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2009
NY
Could be, also make sure your water level is at least 2/3 of the way up the skimmer opening :goodjob:

eric99gt

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Houston, TX
It couldn't get any higher. It's at the bottom of the drain built in to the pool. Is there any kind of adjustment on the weir doors that I could have affected by messing with it? Thanks Dman

Other Threads of Interest