Pool Robot Cleaner Recommendations for my size pool help needed

David Link

Sep 25, 2018
Minnesota
I have a 18' AGP in which I only have a manual vacuum that hooks to the skimmer box via a adaptor and a Dirt Devil D2500 Automatic Above Ground Pool Cleaner both which came with the pool at purchase. I am looking to purchase a automatic (I guess called a robot) to clean my pool. I really don't wan to drop hundreds of dollars on one but am open to suggestions, are there option that are good that don't cost a arm and leg? Also do the robots not require any hoses like the manual vacuums, and do they have their own filter or basket to collect debris in the pool. Any suggestions on a cleaner would be greatly appreciated. I see that there is a Pool Rover Junior, is this a good option, and if so what is a fair price and place to purchase them. I also see Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40I are these a good option or better than the Rover JR

Last edited:

3musketeers

May 10, 2019
Koshkonong, MO
I have not tried all these but they are supposed to be good for AGPs and not sure on price but you could look around for a refurbished one.

S10, Active 10, T15, E10. Escape.

CR172

Jun 23, 2016
Celina, TX
I just ordered an E10 from Poolpartz also along with the ultra fine filter basket. I miss not being able to have the skimmer running at the same time as the vacuum as I had a dedicated vacuum port on the old Intex pool.

CR172

Jun 23, 2016
Celina, TX
Well, the Dolphin E10 quit working yesterday. So I got this mid May and here it is first of August. 2 1/2 months...... Doesn't seem like such a good deal now. Does anyone know if it's easy to tell if it's the controller or the robot itself? Guess I need to contact the seller. :(

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.