Pool Remodel - Sacramento CA

Its been slow here. Tile was installed, and the self depth was changed (it was way too deep before). Waiting for dates for deck forms. Tile for the shelf and steps will be laid before plaster.
View attachment 108091
Hi.. I was just going through your remodel thread again. I missed that you changed the Baja/Cabo/Alcapulco shelf. Did they have to re-rebar it or they did they just build it up with more gunite?.

I'm considering the same thing, adding a shelf that extends the second step when I redo the plaster on my 30 yrs old pool. are you finding the shelf (depth and size) what you expected now that you have had the summer to enjoy it?

Hi.. I was just going through your remodel thread again. I missed that you changed the Baja/Cabo/Alcapulco shelf. Did they have to re-rebar it or they did they just build it up with more gunite?.

I'm considering the same thing, adding a shelf that extends the second step when I redo the plaster on my 30 yrs old pool. are you finding the shelf (depth and size) what you expected now that you have had the summer to enjoy it?

They did rebar for the shelf. our 2nd step was about 18" deep, we had the shelf put in at 12" deep. The raised the top step some because of this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.