Pool pump replacement help

Heazgoody

Apr 19, 2019
League City
I need to replace my pool pump. My neighbor said I need a 2 Hp. It flooded with Harvey and just died, I can’t read the label.

Suggestions?

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Can you please describe your pool, what features you have, the size and gallons, etc. This is information needed to suggest a new pump. You don't want to get another 2hp pump if you don't truly need one that large. I will say you DO most likely want to get a variable speed pump to save on electricity costs. In fact, by next year *all* new pools needing pumps over .75hp *must* be variable speed, per new government rules. Its a good idea for most pools anyway. Just a matter of getting the right size for your pool.

Maddie :flower:

Heazgoody

Apr 19, 2019
League City
Can you please describe your pool, what features you have, the size and gallons, etc. This is information needed to suggest a new pump. You don't want to get another 2hp pump if you don't truly need one that large. I will say you DO most likely want to get a variable speed pump to save on electricity costs. In fact, by next year *all* new pools needing pumps over .75hp *must* be variable speed, per new government rules. Its a good idea for most pools anyway. Just a matter of getting the right size for your pool.

Maddie :flower:
It’s a 12,500 gallon pool. No features, just a nice backyard pool😊

Other Threads of Interest