Pool pump prime issue

Jul 19, 2010
Longwood, FL
Pool pump wont prime

1. Cleaned filter 5 times
2. lubed the O Ring 5 times
3. Strainer basket cleaned
4. Did bubble check on intake , no leaks found
5. all inbound / outbound valves are open.
6. pump is 1 year old
7. strainer basket only gets 80% water
8. skimmer us OFF, not air is been sucked there
9. Also tried holdind running hose on all joints no luck

I dont have VS pump, pool was replastered two week back when started back issue started happening

You may have a partial blocked return. I had a similar issue with my spa return and after trying everything and even paid a company to try and basically reversed the plumbing and blew a couple of pieces of old plaster back out. It wasn't totally blocked so the normal pressure type tricks didn't work. Took old fashion pressure and volume to push it out
MIght try removing the main drain cover and seeing if it's clear or call the pool company and see if they will come back out. The later can be hard :(

IF I remember correctly they plugged all holes (including main drain) before starting work
When I drained mine after the first plaster job ( been here 18 years ) I found a big chunk laying in the main drain hole. It was blocking the return but was able to just pick it up.
If you are a good swimmer and it's not cold try removing the main drain cover and looking?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.