May 29, 2020
Prosper, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi Everyone,

Noticed the other day that when in spa mode, the pump won’t prime entirely, there’s a little bit of a gap/bubble, and you can hear and see small bubbles in a few of the return jets in the spa. However, when in pool mode, the pump is fine. I have a VSP, and speed doesn’t seem to make a difference. I’m in service mode now running at high speed, going back and forth, and the problem continues to occur only on the spa side. Water doesn’t rush out of the pump when shut off, and I don’t notice any bubbles appearing in the pump basket when the pump is turned off (either mode).

Presumably there’s an air leak somewhere, but isolated on the spa side. Maybe the check valve needs replacing? I just cleaned and lubed the pump basket. Lid is on right. When pool mode is shut off, no gap. Valves are turned to spa mode, still ok, but as soon as the pump is turned on in spa mode, the gap is there and won’t prime after a few minutes. Of course when doing the same thing going from spa to pool mode, it’ll prime and be good again.

I’ve tried to educate myself better on this stuff, but am clearly a novice when it comes to the plumbing side of things.

Thanks!
Jim

Jim,

Take it out of the Service mode and put the system into the pool mode... Note where the automated Intake and Return valves are positioned.. Then put it in the Spa mode and see if both valves turn 180 degrees...

I suspect that your Intake valve is not moving or does not move all the way.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Well, another odd observation, if anyone has any ideas. When in spa mode, along with the pump not priming, the water level is the spa reduces about an inch. I don’t see any leaks around the equipment pad. When running in pool mode, the spa fills up fine. Shut everything off, water level holds fine in the spa, just seems to reduce when spa mode is turned on.

Thanks again for the help. Apologies if the observations and postings are vague.

Thanks,
Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.