Pool perfect/Spa Perfect

ChrisL

Apr 3, 2007
I am not sure if this should be here or in the Chemistry section. Dos anyone know if there is a difference between Pool Perfect and Spa Perfect enzyme treatment, other than the price? I was wondering if I could just by the cheaper pool perfect for the spa. Thanks.

Someone here told me this. . . I had that exact question. ;)

Spa Perfect is formulated for use with a higher level of organic contaminants. Using a tiny dose of Pool Perfect in your spa won't work as well as using the recommended dose of Spa Perfect.

There are other, less expensive enzyme products for use in a spa. I use Scumbuster, which is available online from the Spa Depot at a very reasonable price. (This is not a paid endorsement, just a personal recommendation.) There are other spa enzyme treatments out there, too, but Scumbuster is the cheapest one I've found and it works quite well in my hot tub.

Apr 5, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I can say from 1st hand experience that you do not want to use "Salt-Water Magic" in your spa. It is similar to Pool-Perfect, but for Salt Pools. My spa is salt, but his stuff made monster foam that did not go away for a LONG time.