Pool pad plumbing suggestions

Buck Russell

Mar 26, 2019
TN
I’m replacing and removing some items from our pad. Removing booster pump and chlorinator. Replacing pump with VS circupool and replacing SWG with RJ 45+. Also replacing valves and unions.

Should I convert all above ground pipes to 2in ? Currently 1.5in

Should I plumb the pump and SWG back basically the same way or does anyone have better routing ideas since I will have a fresh start?

Also need advice on where and what model valves and unions should be

Bucks,

You should use pump unions, not the unions you currently have.. Either the pump should come with unions or you should install it with pump unions.. They are somewhat special and you can't buy then at home depot... They look like this... Amazon.com: 2 PACK -CMP Hi-Temp Union 2" inch 2MIP x 2" inch PVC Whisperflo & Intelliflo - 2 PACK: Garden & Outdoor

Plumbing all 2" or all 1.5" will not make any difference in how well your plumbing will work, one way or the other. If your new pump is 2" and your cell is 2" it just might make plumbing easier, but not necessary.

I would replace the 4 red ball valves with Jandy style three way valves.. One on the Return side and one on the suction side..

Thanks,

Jim R.

So unions right before and after pump and SWG is I suppose for easy removal/replacement in the future?
What about unions at the sand filter for removal and cleaning?

As far valves, what’s the correct number I need on suction side? A 2 way or 3 way for the 2 suction lines. One is skimmers, other is main drain.

Same on return side. What number? I’ll be converting the old pressure pump line to a regular return line for a total of 3 return lines.

Jandy never lube is generally recommend correct?

Buck,

On the return side, it is a matter of personal preference.. Some like an individual valves on each Return pipe.. If all three pipes will be returns and not a water feature, I do not see the need for any valves on the return side.

On the suction side I would add one 3-way valve between what I assume is your Skimmer and Main drain.. (Could be Skimmer and vacuum) or (Two skimmers)????

If your really want to rebuild the Multiport area you can use the right size pump unions on the MVP also...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.