Pool order canceled. Any tips for another one?

Jaye

May 9, 2020
Riverside, CA
Hi everyone! We just learned that the Splash 15' x 48" pool (Model: NB2030) we ordered a week ago was canceled due to low stock. :( I think it was a model on clearance ($599) through Pool Supply World. Needless to say, the family is bummed. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise as I am not sure how great that model is. I know it is sold under a few different brand names (ProSeries, Blue Wave, etc.) and I've seen good and bad reviews on all of them.

Since we are now back on the market for a pool, what would you all suggest? Keep in mind we need to stick to the budget of $600 for the pool itself which may affect the size we end up with. We live in Southern California, so freezing winters are not a concern.

We are new to the pool ownership club and thankful to have found all of you on this site. Any wisdom is appreciated!

Man that was an awesome price!! OUCH!! I am not sure what to tell you as that price is going to be hard to beat with shipping. Here is one idea.......go to your local Big Lots and Walmart and see what they have in stock. Every once in a while people are finding them just as they come in and snatched them up.

Yeah, looks like everyone is clearing this model out. We won't be able to find that size for that price. There are a couple for around $800 but I am not familiar with the seller. Just stinks that I have all the accessories and stuff sitting in the garage and need to send them back. Oh, and a seller on Amazon accidentally shipped me someones bucket of 3" Chlorine tablets! So if you are in NC and didn't get your tablets, I have them. :p

Yeah, looks like everyone is clearing this model out. We won't be able to find that size for that price. There are a couple for around $800 but I am not familiar with the seller. Just stinks that I have all the accessories and stuff sitting in the garage and need to send them back. Oh, and a seller on Amazon accidentally shipped me someones bucket of 3" Chlorine tablets! So if you are in NC and didn't get your tablets, I have them. :p

Likely no one here ordered 3" pucks. We are a liquid chlorine only forum! And with a pool the size you are looking at you'd want to be liquid chlorine only too. Pucks add CYA, and in a pool that size it would build up fast, limiting the effectiveness of the chlorine and then you'll have all sorts of problems including algae.

Good luck on the pool search. Maybe check Craigslist for someone that wants to get rid is their pool? I've seen listings before that if you were willing to go take it down they were giving it away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.