Pool not sparkling clear, solids on bottom overnight after vacuuming.

Jul 1, 2018
Mobile/AL
Began using the TFP method last year, and it has been a life changer for us. I now religiously test and treat the pool to ensure I keep it balanced, and it has been wonderful. However, I've been struggling for a couple of weeks with a slightly cloudy pool. It's almost clear but not sparkling like it has been since switching to this method. We also get an accumulation of a light rust colored solid after one night. We can vacuum it one day only to have it accumulate again the next day. IMG_1942.jpgI've attached a pic of what it appeared like today after vacuuming yesterday. It is a very fine solid, dispersing with the slightest touch. We are being careful and slow when vacuuming to try to reduce dispersing. We have a few pine trees that drop some straw, but they haven't been dropping much lately.
Here are my measurements from today before vacuuming, with some care details as well:
CYA: 50 --I try to target 40, so a bit higher than I want.
FC: 8 --Targeting 6-8 and have let it get no lower than 5 or so in the last several weeks.
CC: 0
pH: 7.8--on the high end, added Muriatic today to bump it down.
TA--90
Pool Essentials 10% bleach (WalMart)
I run my pump about 8 hours per day.
I typically add the bleach in the afternoon, ensuring at least 30 minutes before allowing pump to go off.
Replaced filter sand last year.
I shocked last week, even though my numbers didn't indicate the need, but I didn't measure it every few hours after. I shocked today and am going to stay on top of it until tonight.
Is it possible that these solids are some sort of algae? I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.
Thanks.

I adjusted the FC to my shock level (20 ppm) yesterday afternoon and ensured it was there at dusk. This morning it was 17, so lost 3 ppm overnight. Brought back up to 20 this morning and will continue SLAM until overnight loss is 1 or less.

Welcome to the forum:wave:
That's dead algae on the floor of your pool. Following the SLAM Process will get rid of it IF IF IF you follow the process correctly with brushing, filtering (run pump 24/7) and keeping your FC at SLAM value throughout the process. Don't overlook a single word of the SLAM article.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.