Pool mode question

jnojr

Silver Supporter
Dec 18, 2018
Chandler, AZ
When I run in pool mode with the vacuum attached, the pump is pretty quiet and indicates about 35 GPM / 2000 RPM / 500 W

If I remove the vacuum, the pump speeds up noticeably and sounds like it's in cleaning mode.

Should I change my pool mode programming to assume no vacuum?

Do you have a variable flow pump? Your signature indicates a variable speed (RPM) pump but what you describe sounds like a variable flow pump. What’s the part number of the pump?

If it is variable flow then what’s happening is you are changing the load on the system when you valve off the cleaner. This causes the pump to increase RPM’s to keep a constant flow rate.

Do you have a variable flow pump? Your signature indicates a variable speed (RPM) pump but what you describe sounds like a variable flow pump. What’s the part number of the pump?

If it is variable flow then what’s happening is you are changing the load on the system when you valve off the cleaner. This causes the pump to increase RPM’s to keep a constant flow rate.

It's an Intelliflo VSF P/N 350305

Yeah, you’re definitely operating in variable flow mode. I have an older version (2013 model) variable speed IntelliFlo so there’s no flow control point. But I imagine that your pump can be operated in either mode, constant RPM or constant flow, and there’s just a setting in either the IntelliTouch or on the pump to specify which control point you want to use.

Now is a good time to read through the arcane language of the documentation you have....Pentair-speak is about as easy to understand as ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.