Pool Math........The App

Good. Some of the data shown is not possible from a proper test kit. Unless you were just entering random information you should reverse test directions.

Merged Thread - Marty - TFP Mod

I just subscribed to start using the app rather than my old log. I can log some chemical additions, but when I try to enter a test log (after inputting all the info) and save, it asks if my phone went for a swim. I assume it's failing to connect to the internet for some reason, but other apps still use the internet fine, and I'm not sure why it would need to connect to the internet to make a log entry. I also tried unchecking Log Weather, but same result. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Merged Thread - Marty - TFP Mod

I just subscribed to start using the app rather than my old log. I can log some chemical additions, but when I try to enter a test log (after inputting all the info) and save, it asks if my phone went for a swim. I assume it's failing to connect to the internet for some reason, but other apps still use the internet fine, and I'm not sure why it would need to connect to the internet to make a log entry. I also tried unchecking Log Weather, but same result. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Matt
Are you logged in using your TFP log in and password?

Hi Marty and Redth,

Yes, I was logged in. Closing the app and reopening does not resolve, but the problem seems to be intermittent.

With combined Cl and temperature tracking disabled in the settings menu, there were two versions of logging screen that came up when I went to log test results. One version included those two parameters, and the other did not. It appeared that when the version of the logging screen came up that showed those parameters, that's when I would see the error. If those two were not visible, the log saved fine.

However, it isn't about those parameters exactly. After enabling them in the settings menu, I can include them in the log and save it. The problem was specifically when they were disabled in settings, but the log screen showed the parameters.

Thanks,
Matt

Hmm - not sure what to say. I can not replicate the issue on my iOS device.

Will let the app developer try to.

Hi Marty and Redth,

Yes, I was logged in. Closing the app and reopening does not resolve, but the problem seems to be intermittent.

With combined Cl and temperature tracking disabled in the settings menu, there were two versions of logging screen that came up when I went to log test results. One version included those two parameters, and the other did not. It appeared that when the version of the logging screen came up that showed those parameters, that's when I would see the error. If those two were not visible, the log saved fine.

However, it isn't about those parameters exactly. After enabling them in the settings menu, I can include them in the log and save it. The problem was specifically when they were disabled in settings, but the log screen showed the parameters.

Thanks,
Matt

I'm not entirely sure what you mean or how you got into that state, but there have been some other Android users saying that after the app's been open awhile it tends to get the "Phone Gone Swimming" error. In the next update which should be released within the next few days, I have changed some network settings in the Android app which I think should help take care of this.

Your issue sounds potentially similar, but also potentially different. I'm not sure how you're getting the log screen showing up with CC and Water Temp visible if your pool settings are not setup that way. Do you have multiple pools setup in the app? How are you accessing the "New Test Log" page, from in the app, or the long press launcher icon shortcut?.

So for a future update we will hide the duplicate option.

For now if you choose it and save a log the server will change it to use the one that will not be hidden in the future.

In addition I've updated all users existing chemical addition logs to use the 'correct' one. You may have to pull to refresh your timeline to see the change (as well as the change in the summary).

Red,

OK thanks. Like I said earlier this isn't a big deal. I just noticed it and thought you should know. In general I love the Windows and Android versions.

Thanks!

Chris

Spring is coming and I just subscribed to the App (iPhone). I noticed that PoolMath is no longer via this web? It looks like I have to download an App to use it on my computer? I like the update to the site too. Anyhow, it's going to take some getting used to, but I can already see myself loving it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.