Pool Math - FC Results and SWCG Level Calculation

revitup

Bronze Supporter
Nov 30, 2019
Pawleys Island, SC
Can someone please explain how to use the pump run time and SWG Cell % calculator in the Pool Math app? Looks like there is supposed to be a drop down under 'SWG Cell %' but I don't see it. What number am I supposed to be plugging in and what adjustment should I be making based on the "Run your pump for xx.xx hours with your SWG Cell at x%" results?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Plug in 1.4 for your T-15 cell.

if you press the search icon on the right of that box it opens a lookup list of SWG cells.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I just had to look- its the magnifying glass on the right side of "24 hour SWG Chlorine Output".

Now I know my SWG can put out .92 # of chlorine gas a day. Coooool!

revitup

Bronze Supporter
Nov 30, 2019
Pawleys Island, SC
OK, I resolved my confusion with the SWG Cell % 'drop down'. Switches back and forth between SWG % and pump hours.
I already had my Hayward T-15 cell input.
So if I input a 'pump run time hours' the result shows my required SWG % setting? And vice versa?
Cool except the results don't seem to be even in the ballpark compared to the levels I've settled on by trial and error.

revitup

Bronze Supporter
Nov 30, 2019
Pawleys Island, SC
I've been running the pump 4hrs/day at 4 to 6% or so for awhile. Since the pool's been 'closed' and heater turned off. FC been testing at 5 to 7, see my PM. Been set at 4% for awhile. Dropped to FC=5.5 last test so upped the SWG from 4 to 6. See if it recovers to FC=6-7.
PM says I should be running the SWG at 43% at 4hr run time.