Pool math app liquid chlorine calculations

hb-

Jun 11, 2017
Travelers Rest, SC
I’m not sure who to notify so I’ll try here.

The pool math app computes the same free chlorine parts per million for any bleach percentage 11 and above. Ex:

10%, .5 gal = 1.1ppm
11%, .5 gal = 1.4ppm
12-21% all stay 1.4ppm

I found it if I double the volume and half my percentage I’ll get numbers that vary a little.

I have been getting chlorine in bulk 12-15%. Have not tested it’s potency yet.

@Leebo is the very helpful with Pool Math app
I found other posts, shown below mine, that suggest the calculations don’t change outside of 6, 8.25, 10, and 12 percent. So I think that is why. Even still the difference between 1 gal of 10% and 1 gal of 12% should be 2.2 ppm and 2.5 ppm, not 2.2 ppm and 2.8 ppm. Unless they are trying to do some by weight computation for bulk chlorine.

I did try to search before posting but the search feature is kindof hard to get good results maybe I don’t know the trick to it.

I found other posts, shown below mine, that suggest the calculations don’t change outside of 6, 8.25, 10, and 12 percent. So I think that is why. Even still the difference between 1 gal of 10% and 1 gal of 12% should be 2.2 ppm and 2.5 ppm, not 2.2 ppm and 2.8 ppm. Unless they are trying to do some by weight computation for bulk chlorine.

I did try to search before posting but the search feature is kindof hard to get good results maybe I don’t know the trick to it.
Maybe @JoyfulNoise can assist with your concerns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.