Pool Math App Issues

Coops599

Oct 19, 2020
Santa Clarita, CA
I hope this is the right section for this question.
I have been using Pool Math App on IOS for a couple of years now. Since the upgrade yesterday (which looks very nice BTW) I can no longer Log Test results. When I select it from the list in the app it crashes the application.

TIA for any help

Coops

We started to really get excited, yesterday over 13,000 devices were updated and I hadn’t heard of any issues. Guess nobody was using the App on Easter………….

A bit of background info here,
When we first sent the App for review Apple too ran into an issue where it would crash all the time. We did make small changes that we thought addressed the issue, and it did as they had no problems. Your issue sounds a lot like that, and we’re wanting to learn more about it.

If you don’t mind assisting, which device and operating system are you on? Did you logout or do anything different that may have reset things some? We’re seeing a few new crash reports that Jon’s gonna look at later tonight, just trying to gather as much info as we can to help point him in the right direction.

We’ll get this fixed for ya,
Lee

I joined today and the same thing happened. Thankful it wasn't just me and will soon be fixed. I will try back in a few days to log our numbers.

Kinda figured,

We’ll get this sorted out. Besides, all we’re gonna add now is a large note saying “WHY IS IT SNOWING!!!!!!!”

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For what it’s worth - the new version is working for me without issue (logged results today, no crash). iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15.4.1

I was using the app today as well with the new update and did not have any issues logging results.

I did notice a new feature labeled automation schedule. It looks like it is to add your pump schedule but theres only a place for one date and time, not a start and stop time. Is this supposed to be to track how long you are running the pump to tie into SWG generation?

We’ve been peaking at the crash logs and don’t see anything that’s screaming THIS IS THE ISSUE however there are a few areas of clear opportunities. Last night at around 11pm Jon pushed some new code out that first needed to be reviewed via a machine before we can start doing some internal testing. We’re gonna get this new build to a handful of users to test and hopefully over to Apple for review by a human very soon. We’re not 100% confident this will address the issue, but we’re starting to chip away at things. 👍

Conor Mckenna Cursing GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Last night we had an update submitted that we had hoped would address this issue plus a few additional errors. Guess we didn’t really get the job done this time……..
45AF7F59-2090-4091-8F1A-2D8F2D3EB66E.jpeg

Apple reviewed and rejected the update as they too are experiencing a crash when trying to enter any sort of data. What’s worse is none of the logs really give us a good indication what’s occurring.

@Coops599 and @JandD
Are either of you willing to join a group to test some early versions of the App so we can push frequent updates and try to solve this issue? I’ll gladly alter your subscriptions to make-up for the lost time you’re spending dealing with this issue.

Lee

APP related feature request for SWG setting under Free Chlorine.

I understand there are many variables that contribute to chlorine usage; i.e demand.
With that understanding, can a demand variable be set up in the calculate process for the SWG settings.
As it stands now, present value of FC is entered along with a target value and either the pump runtime or SWG percentage are also entered..
The APP calculates a SWG setting for the pump runtime or a pump runtime for the SWG % to raise the FC level to the target level, but does not figure in chlorine loss or demand.
The request is to have the ability to enter in a demand factor used in the calculations or have the app calculate or suggest a demand factor using the time between test and the difference between the FC readings.

Conor Mckenna Cursing GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Last night we had an update submitted that we had hoped would address this issue plus a few additional errors. Guess we didn’t really get the job done this time……..
View attachment 402848

Apple reviewed and rejected the update as they too are experiencing a crash when trying to enter any sort of data. What’s worse is none of the logs really give us a good indication what’s occurring.

@Coops599 and @JandD
Are either of you willing to join a group to test some early versions of the App so we can push frequent updates and try to solve this issue? I’ll gladly alter your subscriptions to make-up for the lost time you’re spending dealing with this issue.

Lee
Hi Lee
I would gladly do some beta testing for you

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support