Pool mat for in ground pool?

Aug 23, 2009
Spring Valley, NY
I have a concrete in ground pool (~25x45'). One band/section of the floor (approx 25'x8') has become dis-colored (I think there were leaves sitting there) and is a real eye sore. It's part of the shallow / level section of the pool
Is there a mat that I can put to cover it?

Are you serious about the vitamin C?
How do you hold down the chlorine tablet in one spot for 10min (do you stand there on it?) - just checking
Also - it really does appear to be the color of the concrete below the paint (i.e. paint eroded) - perhaps leaves were sitting over the winter in that spot and their acid ruined it

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The tablet should be heavy enough to stay down on its own. If not I guess you could put something on it.

I am serious about the vit. c. IF it is metal staining the vit c will tell us.

You are saying you think it is worn plaster. Can you feel it with your fingernail?

So it sounds like it could use new plaster. Just know you don't HAVE to get new plaster so long as it is holding water. If it is holding water then keep saving your dimes until you are ready to get new plaster. When you are ready to get quotes make sure to ask if they will do a full chip out or just around the returns and lights. If it has not been replastered yet you can have the partial chip out done but know that next time it will cost more as they will have to chip out TWO coats of plaster. It is up to you but you need to know so you can compare each company apples to apples.

Pricing is SO different in each area there is really no way anyone could even begin to give you ball part unless they are from your area. What we suggest is you get at least 3 quotes. Try for 5 if possible.

Paint? As in paint the pool instead of new plaster? You do NOT want to do that :( It will not last even 2 yrs. It will start getting chaulky at first then start to peel or chip.

Kim:kim:

What color do you WANT it to be??? Here is a thread where several people have shared their new plaster with the brand and color named:

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.