Pool maintenance company advice in St. Pete Beach, FL

iskubits

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Hi,

I am not sure if this is correct forum and even if I am allowed to ask. I am a member for a long time and maintaining my pools for a while without any issues. However, we purchased vacation home in St Pete Beach, FL and only here part-time so I need someone to take care of the pool and spa. Tried few companies and fired them - useless slackers. Anyone knows someone reliable in the area who will not ruin my pool?

We are currently in FL so I am maintaining it and pool now is as per TFP standards :)

Thanks in advance,
Igor.

In areas with year-round swim seasons there's too much competition to offer quality at a price. You have to charge as much as everyone else and that means cutting every corner you can. Anyone that tries offering a quality service at a reasonable price will quickly lose any clients they gain to some guy showing up at their door swearing their service is even better at half the price. In this industry most of the people who know enough about water chemistry to recognize a good service from a bad one aren't in the market for pool service. There aren't enough people in your situation that know what you know to make a profitable client base.

An SWG will work flawlessly between weekly visits. Then you only need to find somebody who does actual testing and not guess strips while they are there. Put them on a strict/short list of approved chems and only at your approval based on what PoolMath says.

You’ll basically be paying the full service price for very limited service and a quick cleaning, but it’s some big piece of mind that it’s being cared for, even if only a little bit of care is needed.

Thank you Donldson, was afraid I may need to settle for what is available. It took me 3 weeks to bring chlorine down to normal levels from what was maintained. Someone mixed up my pool with Commercial maintaining chlorine lever capable of dissolving swimsuit (not necessarily a bad thing) :)

An SWG will work flawlessly between weekly visits. Then you only need to find somebody who does actual testing and not guess strips while they are there. Put them on a strict/short list of approved chems and only at your approval based on what PoolMath says.

You’ll basically be paying the full service price for very limited service and a quick cleaning, but it’s some big piece of mind that it’s being cared for, even if only a little bit of care is needed.
We are only here couple months a year so not a weekly thing. And now with borders closed I have no clue when we will have a chance to come back once return to Canada. I do not mind paying someone to maintain pool year-round...

We are only here couple months a year so not a weekly thing.
Not *your* weekly visits, the pool guys. :ROFLMAO:
The SWG will do 98% of the work and even the pool guy won’t mess it up if you have him on a short leash with what he is allowed to add

Not *your* weekly visits, the pool guys. :ROFLMAO:
The SWG will do 98% of the work and even the pool guy won’t mess it up if you have him on a short leash with what he is allowed to add
Oh, sorry. Got you. I thought about it and may consider it in the future. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to check what they will add to the pool regardless if it is SWG or not and I cannot rely on them to adjust SWG settings. Short leash is not an option, I am either here or not - when not, I do not have time to think about the pool here...

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.