Pool light replacement

sferias

Jul 27, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
My pool light went out. It is a fancy Jandy LED light that changes colors and has a computer board and would require that I pull out the entire light with connection at the pool pump. Question: Can I replace it with a Pentaire light configuration? Those seem to be more readily available in aftermarket like via Amazon. If I purchase them at pool stores and pool repair companies there is a big mark up.

How do you control your current Jandy light?

What Pentair light are you looking at?

I used to control my light through an IQ900 Zodiac transmitter. I have not been able to get that to work since changing my router. At this point all I would like is a blue light and not have to deal with changing to all those colors. I just started looking on amazon and found Pentair lights whereas Jandy lights were harder to find. I don't have any idea what may be compatible with the pool connections I have. I called a local pool company and they say they just need a number from the back of the light. But I have yet to pull it out. I don't know if you can just change the computer board at the light bulb area or if you need to pull the entire light fixture that connects next to near the pump.

Jandy pulled all their products from the Internet and sell only through dealers. That is why you don;t find them on Amazon or other places.

You need to know the basics about if your light is 120V or 12V and how it is wired to your IQ900.

You will have to pull and replace the entire light fixture.

Do I have to replace it with a Jandy? I am willing to by-pass the wifi part and just turn it on with the panel, if that is possible.

Your pool light connected to an Jandy Aqualink?

If it is connected to a high voltage relay then the Aqualink can turn on any 120V light.

You have to research which lights fit the niches listed in the label. They don’t make it easy to figure out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.