BlueLagoon

Aug 1, 2021
Los Angeles
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a pool from the early 60s. My light is quite possibly original. The junction box is on the pool deck and is all rusted out. Wires are shot.

I'd like to get the light working. I have an electrician helping me run the wires to a new code compliant junction box.

The current light has no screws and I'm not completely sure how it's fixed in there. I saw some posts from a search that leads me to believe it could have been some sort of putty?

Regardless I know I'll need to replace the fixture. I'll get an adapter ring as well.

Are there any pros/cons to getting a incandescent fixture and swapping the bulb to LED or just spend the money upfront for a Jandy or Pentair LED Fixture?

When I install new complete pool lights I usually swap out the incandescent bulb for an LED. Some LED lights come with proprietary bulbs or can not be repaired but only replaced. Has worked well for my customers for several years. You can also get color LED bulbs that fit standard pool-light fixtures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.