Pool light fixture

beachinmoney

Bronze Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Buckeye, AZ
The only thing I have determined for sure is that designing and selling a pool light fixture that also has led color changing lights and an automation function would earn you millions. You could sell the fixtures alone to everyone wanting out of their old bad ones. The bulbs to the same and no one seem to be able to do this simple thing. Am I missing something? J&J, yeah, I can buy their light but let's say in 3 years it dies. I'm right back to the beginning! ANYONE????

I'll bite.
The only thing I have determined for sure is that designing and selling a pool light fixture that also has led color changing lights and an automation function would earn you millions.
True.
You could sell the fixtures alone to everyone wanting out of their old bad ones.
True again!
The bulbs to the same and no one seem to be able to do this simple thing. Am I missing something? J&J, yeah, I can buy their light but let's say in 3 years it dies. I'm right back to the beginning! ANYONE????
Once again, True.
Am I missing something?
Nope.
I can buy their light but let's say in 3 years it dies. I'm right back to the beginning! ANYONE????
Yup!

So now you have your challenge. Once you design and market an LED Color Changing Light with all that goes into it including the light engine and associated electronics, enclosed in a sealed unit designed to reside approximately 3 to 8 feet below the waterline. And with say a 10 year warranty that is not cost-prohibitive to the average joe, then please consider me your first customer. I'm standing in line.

Oh, and while you're at it, can you please develop an "all-in-one" pool automation, chemical sensor and dosing system that actually does "EVERYTHING" it claims to do with 100% accuracy. And without all the asterisks that should be found in the product literature, but never is (i.e. *1. Most features really don't work as advertised. *2. Alexa Skill really doesn't work. *3. Apple Watch OS app doesn't work, *3. Notifications will NOT work after July 2020, *4. Server is always down at the most in-opportune times, *5. HomeSkill doesn't work.) Please keep it under 8k and again with a 10 year warranty.
I'm waiting with check in hand. ;)
r.

Last edited:
Reactions: sanspeur
I'll bite.

True.

True again!

Once again, True.

Nope.

Yup!

So now you have your challenge. Once you design and market an LED Color Changing Light with all that goes into it including the light engine and associated electronics, enclosed in a sealed unit designed to reside approximately 3 to 8 feet below the waterline. And with say a 10 year warranty that is not cost-prohibitive to the average joe, then please consider me your first customer. I'm standing in line.

Oh, and while you're at it, can you please develop an "all-in-one" pool automation, chemical sensor and dosing system that actually does "EVERYTHING" it claims to do with 100% accuracy. And without all the asterisks that should be found in the product literature, but never is (i.e. *1. Most features really don't work as advertised. *2. Alexa Skill really doesn't work. *3. Apple Watch OS app doesn't work, *3. Notifications will NOT work after July 2020, *4. Server is always down at the most in-opportune times, *5. HomeSkill doesn't work.) Please keep it under 8k and again with a 10 year warranty.
I'm waiting with check in hand. ;)
r.
Unfortunately, I'm too old to do this. I don't have any children either. But, those of you that aren't should be doing this. I as well will be waiting with a check in hand.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.