Pool leaks

Jinksdoug

May 3, 2020
St. Louis, Missouri
Hey guys, new member who just found this site!
I bought house that has a pool and drained it so I can start from scratch. It is an in ground kidney shaped 15,000 gallon pool. It has fiberglass walls with a seam every 10 feet and a concrete floor. The wall paint was flaking really bad and the caulk in the seams was deteriorating. I scraped out the old caulk and recaulked with tremco Vulcan 116. After 3 days we just had a heavy downpour and I have ground water leaking into my pool in a few spots still.
my question is how big of a deal is this? I assume if I fill my pool it will leak at these same spots. I have power washed it and plan to prime and paint the walls using
Kelly Technical Coating 216-GL Olympic Gunzite Gunzite Epoxy Primer followed by
Kelley Technical 392GL Olympic Zeron One Coat Epoxy Pool Coating

my next question is will this primer and paint fix the leaks?

Welcome to TFP!

You are flirting with disaster. An empty pool and a lot of groundwater is a recipe for having the pool pop out of the ground. The leaks aren’t your main worry right now. You need water in the pool!

Welcome to TFP!

You are flirting with disaster. An empty pool and a lot of groundwater is a recipe for having the pool pop out of the ground. The leaks aren’t your main worry right now. You need water in the pool!
Thanks for your response!
Not completely empty. It has a ledge around the pool about 3’ deep where the walls stop and the bottom starts. Water is 5’ deep in the deep end

Did I do something wrong?
I see there have been many other posts and replies to other posts since my original post.
Did I do something wrong?
I’m really excited about finding this site and am looking forward to using it this season.

Not at all. You just have a very unusual type of pool, so very few people have knowledge about the joints you have. Maybe @JamesW has some insight

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.