Pool leaking where hose connects on the outside

maxshuty

Jun 8, 2021
Minnesota
Hi all, I have a slight leak coming from where the hose connects to the pool. I've taken a video of it here:

Any help or advice on fixing this would be greatly appreciated. If it requires draining the pool down to the level of this connection then I would rather just let it sit all summer until we take it down as something this small I assume would take a long time before I would notice a significant drop in the water level.

chi-chi

Jun 21, 2019
Ashburn, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Look slike to me that the screw tightening cap is backwards. I could be wrong but I think the flat flange portion should sit flush up against the liner? Flip it around and see if that solves things. Good luck

Reactions: Pv2

Chad1979

Jul 28, 2019
Northwest ohio
I agree that the cap is backwards. The flat part should go against the pool, while those flange lips are to use to tighten up the cap with your fingers easier.

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Yep, backwards.

Chad1979

Jul 28, 2019
Northwest ohio
I am glad that was the issue. With how those fittings work they require large surface area to squeeze the gaskets to correctly seal the fitting.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.