Jurate1

Apr 22, 2021
Tucson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all my husband and I are trying to understand the circulation system to isolate a problem. I have read your materials but still have questions. One of the pool jets closest to the skimmer is not working. All of the other jet's are fine. Pool is clean, Weir valve working... I did not see any debris in the impeller. I am suspecting an air leak but do not know how to identify. The pump lid/O ring are brand new and appear to have good seal. Questions..

Why would only 1 pool jet not be working? Are all the jet's not connected to the same pipe?
We did try to use a plumbers bladder this morning but did not get any debris on the pipes where we inserted it..

One of my valves is not labeled see picture (top right) the bottom right is the Skimmer. Is the other end of the pipe the Main drain? The only other valves I have are for the spa and they are off..

I currently have that Jandy valve set at 5 o clock in order to get water flow to the pump basket. This increases pressure to the pool jet's and my vacuum is going crazy fast. But if I try to turn the valve to say 3 pm or 4 pm I appear to get only air in the basket. I'm not sure what that means? I believe I should have water flow to the basket no matter how I have the diverter valve positioned?

I do have a pool tech coming out next week but am trying to get a basic understanding of what may be going wrong. And attempt to fix ourselves vs spending $$$ Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• valves.jpg
    valves.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 7
Your picture show the suction intake side of the pump. The returns/jets are on the pressure side of your plumbing system.

Post pics of your complete equipment pad.

How many returns do you have in your pool?

You can put winterizing plugs in your other returns and see if you then get water out of the jet.

What speed are you running your pump?

What is your filter pressure?

AJ, my apology, very strange I posted a reply 2 days ago...not sure why it did not post. Will try again.
I have 5 jets in the pool, and 1 port for the pool vacuum. Filter pressure is 15, Speed of pump I have no clue. It is not adjustable. The only other valves I have are for the spa and the water feature. The skimmer valve I posted above I use to increase or decrease pressure on the jets and the vacuum. Will post pic's.. Thanks Gina

Pictures

Attachments

• 20210703_170441.jpg
    20210703_170441.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210703_170449.jpg
    20210703_170449.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210703_170504.jpg
    20210703_170504.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210703_170426.jpg
    20210703_170426.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.