Pool is nearly filled up...now to the equipment

If you have a skimmer sucking air, then that is why the equipment is not filling up. The pool is not full enough. A small air leak can be fixed in 5 minutes with a hacksaw and a flexible repair coupling, or elbow from Lowes or Home Depot. No need to run a temporary line when the goal is to find the leak, not just get the pool running. At this point I would just say thanks to the pool guy and fix this without him. Especially if you are concerned he is taking advantage of you.

If you have a skimmer sucking air, then that is why the equipment is not filling up. The pool is not full enough. A small air leak can be fixed in 5 minutes with a hacksaw and a flexible repair coupling, or elbow from Lowes or Home Depot. No need to run a temporary line when the goal is to find the leak, not just get the pool running. At this point I would just say thanks to the pool guy and fix this without him. Especially if you are concerned he is taking advantage of you.
actually I don't have any concerns that this pool guy is taking advantage of me but then again I don't know anything of pool equipment and so forth but overall it seems like an extremely nice and genuine person. We filled the pool up more than halfway up to the tiles and still had the issue.

Just curious overall, why is the pool company recommending to move pool equipment because it is downhill? My pad is also below the pool level so just curious, have had no issues.
he said it is just preferred to have the equipment at the same level as the pool versus downhill because then the pump has to work extra hard to push the water back uphill.

Not sure. As long as you have valves to isolate the pool equipment for maintenance it is a non issue.
what he did yesterday was connect a hose directly to the pool skimmer we filled up cold water to identify which pipe was the skimmer pipe. Then he connected a pressure measure down by the skimmer pipes near the equipment. We then found out there is a leak near the concrete by the pool. This is for one of the skimmers and then the other skimmer has a very small leak but then it started to rain so we couldn't figure out where the water was coming from. What we are trying to do is find out where the piping is and cut everything from there and move the equipment uphill. Does this sound like an okay plan?

Attachments

• 20200625_185010.jpg
    20200625_185010.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 10

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.