Pool is murky, pool is loosing water.....ugh

brmeselady

Bronze Supporter
Good morning,

Our pool is loosing water and we have been troubleshooting this week. The pool company has checked the pressure (came out ok), resealed the returns/skimmer, and checked liner for leaks. No water loss when pool is full and filter off. It seems the water loss occurs when the filter is on. Still working on solution and problem solving.

As a result of this situation, the filter has not run as typical and our water has turned murky with a film on bottom. I know I should SLAM. But how do I complete a SLAM when I cannot keep the filter running for a long period of time. Basically, we fill the pool to halfway up the skimmer, run the filter, and water level drops over the course of 5-6 hours.

Current numbers:
FC: 3
CC: 0
PH: 7.8 (up from typical 7.5)
TA: 80 (up from typical 70)
CYA: 40

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated! I am at a loss on how to handle this without turning the pool into the green lagoon.

Thanks,
Sheila

That’s a tough one. You could use pool math and add enough FC to get to 16 ppm, and run the pump for maybe 30 minutes to mix the water, then cut the pump off and brush like crazy.

do that in spurts, add more chlorine every couple of hours and run the pump and brush to mix up the water good. You’ll end up with a ton of dead algae and the water probably won’t clear, but you can keep it from getting worse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.