Lemonhead

Jun 3, 2020
Middletown NY-211
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
It’s hard to describe because my water isint cloudy. It just Dosent have the pure clarity it did when I first got it filled. I think it’s due to the amount of trees and falling leaves , pollen , and also bird droppings. It’s a jungle around my pool lol. Can you guys recommend I go a clarifier route or the floc route. Or is their another way. If I put my water in a glass, I can see all tiny particles suspended in their

I have a similar environmental based problem a few times a year. Right now it’s the last round of pollen like dust coming down with the acorns, and also the farms planting their fall crops stirring up dust storms. An Overnight Chlorine Loss Test Will give you the answer if it’s a chemistry problem or simply a wait for the filter to do its thing.

It sounds like you have learned your pool well that you can just look at it and know it’s lost it’s sparkle. Now you’ll also know what to do about it before it possibly becomes a bigger issue. Keep up the good work.

Same issue here in PA . The water isn't cloudy, it's just not sparkling and I can still see every aspect of our main drain in the deep end. I'm impatiently waiting on FedEx to deliver my real test kit so I can figure out if it's dust and pollen or a bigger issue.

Reactions: Newdude
That "not quite right" has been my cue this season to test everything, bump up the chlorine (by adding liquid chlorine or cal-hypo) to the high end of the recommended range and see if it maintains there. If not, SLAM time. That "mini-slam" has knocked the issue out every time this season.
Best of luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.