Pool is cloudy and has a sheen

Aug 1, 2016
Ponca City, Ok
My pool has been cloudy, but my numbers have been fine. Hubby cleaned it really well this weekend, but still an issue. I did an overnight test and it lost less than 1FC. Today the pool looks awful. Cloudy and has a weird sheen on it. Dirt along the side or something. Hard to tell from the cloudiness. The stuff on the side brushes right off like dirt, but just not normal looking.

Here are my latest numbers taken tonight at 8pm central.
FC 3.5
CC less than .5
PH 7.5
TA 70 - taken yesterday
CYA - not taken lately. Last time it was 30

I can slam it, but just didn't know for sure what to do considering the numbers were all ok. Any ideas or help appreciated.

If your pool is looking as badly as it sounds I would say that for sure you need to perform a SLAM process and up your chlorine game.
SLAM Process
Something could have entered your water and caused some contamination but most likely you have an algae outbreak brewing.

Get a fresh done CYA test done and plan accordingly based on the FC/CYA guide: FC/CYA Levels

Almost without fail the cure for most pool's ills is more liquid chlorine!

Maddie :flower:

Thanks. That's the same conclusion I've come to after reading on here. I'll have to wait till I get off work tomorrow to do the CYA correctly (full sun). I leave for work too early. Debating now whether to guess and start slam tonight or just get my cl up to normal and start slam tomorrow with correct FC/CYA level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.