Pool in spa mode but spa/pool heating up together

kdrumz

Oct 21, 2021
Florida
Hello

New pool/spa owner.

Pentair system.

I’m in spa mode and heater is on but my pool/spa seem to be heating up together. Goal is to get them heating up independently to set them at different temps.

Plumbing setup:
When I switch to spa mode, the actuator/valve handle turns towards ”spa”, which from my research is correct to heat them independently.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Last edited:
K,

If the handle moves and points to the "Spa" label, then the Pool return should be completely shut off.. If this is the case, then no water should be going to your pool.. All the water should be coming out of your spa drains and being sent back to just the spa.

Is your spillover still working in the spa mode?

What makes you think the pool water is getting hotter?

Better pics of your equipment would help.. Don't add them to an outside site, just post them here.

Thanks,

Jim R.

K,

If the handle moves and points to the "Spa" label, then the Pool return should be completely shut off.. If this is the case, then no water should be going to your pool.. All the water should be coming out of your spa drains and being sent back to just the spa.

Is your spillover still working in the spa mode?

What makes you think the pool water is getting hotter?

Better pics of your equipment would help.. Don't add them to an outside site, just post them here.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sorry was on mobile earlier. Ignore above posts. Here are more pictures of my setup, currently in spa mode.

When I went from pool mode to spa mode, the actuator turned the valve from the middle to the handle pointing towards "SPA", which I think is correct.

However, the other actuator didn't move when I put it into spa mode and the valve is pointing off towards "SPA Main Drain" like in the picture below, which I'm not sure if that's the issue.
IMG_3369.jpgIMG_3370.jpgIMG_3371.jpgIMG_3372.jpgIMG_3373.jpg
img_3368-jpg.379056

Attachments

• IMG_3368.jpg
    IMG_3368.jpg
    647.4 KB · Views: 50
In Spa Mode, switch the toggle on the Suction side actuated valve to the other ON position. The handle should rotate and be pointed at the pool suction.

K,

Both valves should move when switching between the pool mode and spa mode..

In the Spa mode, the Intake valve (the one in front of the pump) should allow water to come in from the Spa drain and close off the input from the pool (skimmer /main drain)

Does the Intake valve move at all.. either when going into the Pool mode or into the Spa mode???

Thanks,

Jim R.

K,

Both valves should move when switching between the pool mode and spa mode..

In the Spa mode, the Intake valve (the one in front of the pump) should allow water to come in from the Spa drain and close off the input from the pool (skimmer /main drain)

Does the Intake valve move at all.. either when going into the Pool mode or into the Spa mode???

Thanks,

Jim R.
So the only valve moving is the one in the first picture labeled with “return” and “spa”. When I put it into spa mode, the valve moved from off facing in the middle to off facing towards “return”. The other valve didn't move with off facing towards "spa main drain". Should I manually move that one so handle faces towards "spa main drain"

In Spa Mode, switch the toggle on the Suction side actuated valve to the other ON position. The handle should rotate and be pointed at the pool suction.
Not familiar with the set up yet with and where the suction side is. So with the other actuator valve which currently has "off" facing towards "spa main drain", I need to manually override that so the handle is instead facing "spa main drain"?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The valve is not moving when you switch the toggle?

If there is no movement, the actuator is not connected to your automation system.

K,

I assume you have an EasyTouch.. Is that true?

If the Intake valve never moves...
Then it could be that the Actuator is bad
It could be the the valve itself is stuck
It could the the EasyTouch is bad
It could be that the actuator cable is not plugged into the correct connection inside the EasyTouch.

Show us a pic of the valve connections on the main board.. Just remove the two screws on the top where the LCD is and the whole top will fold down..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.