Pool House Ideas

klanel

Silver Supporter
Jul 11, 2021
Athens, GA
Sooner or (probably) later they will finish our pool and retaining walls. Due to the high elevation on the backside, I will have a poured wall with basement underneath the poolhouse. Current plans are for a 24w x 18d footprint. Across the entire length of the back would be a storage room taking up most of the width with an adjacent bathroom. The bathroom would be just a sink, toilet and bench to sit/change on. The right facing end wall would be enclosed. The front and left facing end would be open.

For those who have pool houses where the summers get very hot, do you prefer the open pavilion design or enclosed? It won't be a very large house and my plans are to have it mostly open. I can see the benefits of enclosed air conditioned space without bugs, etc. But if open, it is more connected to what's happening around the pool.

What are some of your thoughts?,...

My friend has an open design and he has air conditioning in it.. Has it piped right into the top and turns it on full blast.. cools the whole area nicely... GIANT waist of energy but the 30 to 60 minutes he is cooking out there it is nice and kewl... He also build a small 8 x 14 enclosed pool house with a love seat and some chairs with a TV and AC... :)

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
Sooner or (probably) later they will finish our pool and retaining walls. Due to the high elevation on the backside, I will have a poured wall with basement underneath the poolhouse. Current plans are for a 24w x 18d footprint. Across the entire length of the back would be a storage room taking up most of the width with an adjacent bathroom. The bathroom would be just a sink, toilet and bench to sit/change on. The right facing end wall would be enclosed. The front and left facing end would be open.

For those who have pool houses where the summers get very hot, do you prefer the open pavilion design or enclosed? It won't be a very large house and my plans are to have it mostly open. I can see the benefits of enclosed air conditioned space without bugs, etc. But if open, it is more connected to what's happening around the pool.

What are some of your thoughts?,...
Are you going to have any countertop, sink (other than bathroom), refrigerator etc?

This is basically what I'm looking at except I was going to make it 18' d instead of the 16' shown. Don't plan on the bathroom being that wide either. Thought about having the kitchen sink in the area between the bath and storage facing towards the back.

I plan on having a TV on the right end wall, may reverse the floor layout. Will have a small refrigerator, a kitchen sink, some kitchen countertop, microwave, and a grill unless I enclose it. Also, some seating, couch/chairs.
pool house floor plan (2).PNG

This is basically what I'm looking at except I was going to make it 18' d instead of the 16' shown. Don't plan on the bathroom being that wide either. Thought about having the kitchen sink in the area between the bath and storage facing towards the back.

I plan on having a TV on the right end wall, may reverse the floor layout. Will have a small refrigerator, a kitchen sink, some kitchen countertop, microwave, and a grill unless I enclose it. Also, some seating, couch/chairs.
View attachment 358714
This is so interesting because I'm getting a quote on a similar pool house I drew up. Almost exactly the same size and layout as yours. Right now the plan is to be able to close the two sides of the bar with roll-down garage door type things that come down to the countertop. But I am in Maryland and thinking protecting the area where the sink and fridge are from ice/snow is maybe a good thing. I don't think I would bother if I were in Georgia! I will have a tv on the wall of the storage area facing the covered patio. Putting your tv on the right wall (behind the bar stools?) seems like it might not be in the best viewing place. If you are going to 18' deep, will you make the storage a little wider? 5 feet is pretty narrow.

Attachments

• PH_Floorplan.pdf
    494.1 KB · Views: 26
  • PH_Ext2.jpg
    PH_Ext2.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 29
Putting your tv on the right wall (behind the bar stools?) seems like it might not be in the best viewing place. If you are going to 18' deep, will you make the storage a little wider? 5 feet is pretty narrow.
The floorplan would likely be reversed so the TV would be in the lanai area. Could put it on the back wall but would be in view from our rural dead end road which is a couple of hundred feet away. Just didn't like the idea of someone riding by and seeing a TV screen. As for the storage room, I might go a little wider but mostly want the space in the open area.

Reactions: PCR
What are you planning on using for the base of your outdoor shower? Are you draining it to septic or dry well? Or just letting it filter through some rocks?

Reactions: Snoobug
I added a washer/dryer and that was the best decision ever. No lugging wet towels in to was and dry and then bring back out to the pool house
Just wanted to put it out there that towels and suits do not need to be washed every time. If you think it through, the suits and swimmers come out of the pool *cleaner* with the laundry sauces and soaps/shampoos/conditioners rinsed out/off. Then, as the cleanest they’ll be, said folks dry off sterile water with the towels.

I’m certainly not advocating to never wash them, but getting several uses out of them cut the workload down dramatically.

If it’s a crazy hot, lathered up in sunscreen day, then of course go right ahead and wash everything :)

Reactions: duckcmmndr

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just wanted to put it out there that towels and suits do not need to be washed every time. If you think it through, the suits and swimmers come out of the pool *cleaner* with the laundry sauces and soaps/shampoos/conditioners rinsed out/off. Then, as the cleanest they’ll be, said folks dry off sterile water with the towels.

I’m certainly not advocating to never wash them, but getting several uses out of them cut the workload down dramatically.

If it’s a crazy hot, lathered up in sunscreen day, then of course go right ahead and wash everything :)
Thats what we do. It's towels after we have guest over that it really comes in handy.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.