Results two years and two court dates later

Every time someone from the PB comes by my house, I make sure to work in a comment about what week we're on (yes, I'm probably being a jerk). 🤣
I have resisted doing that, one reason because they are probably friends. I have found this forum a great place to vent and find others in the same or sometimes worse position I've been in. And I have considered giving him his first Google review complete with timelines/photos/etc. Also considered creating a website with his domain name followed by review where I could have total control of the content. All are possible but what I really want is just to get everything finished and not have any pool/equip issues going forward.

They returned again today to continue working on the retaining walls. Plans are to shoot two of the 4 walls, skim coat one wall to hold it until a later date. Basement will be poured at a later date. Pump/compressor here ready when the concrete trucks come. Lowest wall about 3 feet and highest point at 9 feet.
IMG_20211109_092906737.jpgIMG_20211109_093954588.jpg
img_20211109_092855495-jpg.381362
IMG_20211109_092757721.jpgIMG_20211109_092823891.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211109_092855495.jpg
    IMG_20211109_092855495.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 235
They got two of the retaining walls finished. The tallest one in the back (9 feet) has not been completed, so hoping not too much rain before they can get it contained. The one alongside the house is also yet to be completed. They got here at 6:30a and left after 6p. Also had the flagstone, sand and mortar mix delivered today. Glad they are out there getting things completed but I'll also look forward to when the construction activity is over.
IMG_20211109_172216854.jpgIMG_20211109_173334308.jpgIMG_20211109_103253722_HDR.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is looking great!

Make sure that you triple check that whatever material is going in your spa spillway is 100% level, otherwise it will not flow evenly at low spill rates. I like mine to just trickle and I have one side that is too high so the water will not spill over that side. At higher flow rates, not noticeable. Annoys the heck out of me.

--Jeff

Reactions: Staceyleah22
Their safety caps were plastic water bottles which after many months have fell off. My builder is old, never here, and based on many months of experience with him, it would be a waste of time to contact him.

Water bottles are unlikely to prevent stabbing a person if they fall on the rebar. If you put something inadequate on the rebar you will have liability for your actions if someone gets injured. Do it right.

Reactions: Oswald and kimkats
The concrete workers came today to prepare the remaining two walls for shotcrete. They continued on the steel, relocated irrigation, re-routed the sewer pipe from the house to the septic around the newly dug out area for the pool house basement. The backwall where the pool house foundation will be is just over 9 feet to the bottom of the footing, so it will probably be a long day. The boss says he will be bringing a lot of people tomorrow to get it done. After the walls are finished, they will come back in and pour the footings for the pool house and later pour the walls. I'll be glad to get this portion over with then the stonemasons can get back in here to finish their work.IMG_0480.jpgIMG_0485.jpgIMG_0480.jpgIMG_0482.jpg

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
That’s a serious retaining wall. I didn’t see any drainage behind the wall. Are you pouring a concrete deck around the pool so no worries about moisture getting down near the footing of the wall and building up over time?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.