Alafaya, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Looking for pool heater recommendations for Orlando, FL.

Leslie's has a Hayward 120K BTU on sale fro 3999. PB quoted us 6800 for a 140K BTU Hayward.

We have an Omnilogic setup. Propane already on site for kitchen range and water heater. We have solar panels already on the roof for the house so not much room for solar pool heating.

Pool is currently at 78, but that's after losing about 1/3 volume to the hurricane. It was running at about 82 before. Pool gets full sun all day and is in an enclosure.

82 -84 seems to be a good temp for us and the kids.

I installed a Raypak 8450 and it works great for my pool. Can raise temp 10 deg per day. Very low operating cost.

Has anyone had a heater installed by Leslie's? They have a $99 installation special... seems to cover just the installation of the heater itself, not the materials?

Any feedback as to what additional costs might be involved?

Has anyone had a heater installed by Leslie's? They have a $99 installation special... seems to cover just the installation of the heater itself, not the materials?

Any feedback as to what additional costs might be involved?
I had a heat pump installed by Pinch a Penny...I had to have an electrician come run a line to the pad...that was at least an additional $1k...can't remember exactly and also had to pay extra for a bypass on the heat pump but I think that was only like $100.

I had a heat pump installed by Pinch a Penny...I had to have an electrician come run a line to the pad...that was at least an additional $1k...can't remember exactly and also had to pay extra for a bypass on the heat pump but I think that was only like $100.
I think I might be ok here, I had an extra 50 amp breaker included when they ran the electric for the pump and automation system, as I was considering adding a heater.

Reactions: TampaKathy
You mentioned propane in your original post but seem to be talking (electric) heat pump above? Are you exploring going with either one?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Please give details on the prices you are getting and the type of heater. $6000 for a 140kBTU propane heater seems ridiculously high and even more ridiculous if that’s a heat pump.

One thing to investigate with heat pumps is if there is anyone in your area that services them. Pool guys are all but happy to charge you a lot to install them, but few of them know anything about servicing heat pumps. Residential HVAC technicians typically won’t touch them as they are “pool equipment” and most can’t be bothered with that. I’d recommend checking with whatever vendor you’re looking at and ask them.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.