Pool Heater not Heating

RhoOmegaBeta

Feb 8, 2020
Florida
Hi everyone. About a month ago my pool heater stopped heating the pool. It still runs but even leaving it on for hours won't heat the spa. Are there any troubleshooting steps you recommend to narrow down the issue?

Attachments

• 20200208_154530.jpg
    20200208_154530.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 18
Rho,

Welcome to TFP! You've come to the perfect place. We have experts in everything pool and we sell nothing. Just like to give away great advice.

It might help our experts if you could add a little information. Here are a few items to start with:
  • Are any codes displayed on the panel. If so,, what codes?
  • When you say it runs what do you mean? Can you hear the compressor? W
  • hat's the ambient temp where you live in Florida?
  • What's the pressure on your filter?
  • Is the return water to the pool warm or hot and is the flow normal?
Chris

I don't see any error codes. The panel just displays the temperature settings. It sounds like the compressor is still kicking on. Ambient temp was around 70 today but warmer the other times I tried to use it recently. I just replaced my pool filter, pressure is around 17 for pool 22 for spa. Return water is cold but flow is normal.

How old is the heat pump?

Have an AC service check the refrigerant pressures. Diagnosis it the same way you would an AC unit not cooling.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Thanks for the recommendation, sorry it took awhile to get back to you. The AC company I bought my new units from a couple years back took a look and a capacitor was bad. They fixed it up and it's good to go again. Thanks!

Edit: typed compressor instead of capacitor

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.