Pool heater not allowing me to turn it on and app shows extremely wrong temp reading

Jan 5, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio
As always, thank you in advance for any help! This group has been so helpful in my learning process. So here are the issues:

About 6 months ago our local pool company upgraded my Jandy system to the iAquaLink 2.0. They showed me how to change my pool heater on the main heating unit to either be controlled by the unit (Rem Off), or turn it on and control the heat from the app on my phone (Rem On). The heater we have is a RUUD model #: P-D206A-EN-X. We have pretty much kept it on Rem On and controlled the heater settings from the app on our phones. About a week ago, the temp started showing crazy numbers. We typically keep our pool at 82 degrees when we are not using it, and it was reading the temperature of the pool was 137 degrees+. When we turned it to Rem Off, the pool was actually 80 degrees. So due to the remote reading the temperature was higher than we had the pool set to heat to, it didn't turn on. As soon as we turned the Rem Off, it heated properly. So we left it off until this morning.

We wanted to test the issue again this morning. When we turned it back to Rem On, it switched over on the main unit without an issue. We checked the readings and now on the main portion of the app it shows "Pool Temp Sensor Error" where it would normally show the pool temp. When we click on "Web" to access the backend interface, it shows the pool temp is at 157 degrees when it is really around 80 degrees. This is where the bigger issue now comes in. We switched the main unit back to Rem Off, but now the heater won't turn on on the main unit when we press "Mode" or the temp buttons up or down. We tried to turn it back to Rem On and now it won't switch. When we hold the 3 buttons simultaneously for 5 to 7 seconds (we also tested longer), it will show Rem On for a brief second, and then when we let go it immediately switches back to Rem Off and won't do anything else. So now even though we have the remote portion turned off, we can't get the heater to turn on at all.

I appreciate any insight on how to resolve the issue(s). If I can at least get the heater to operate with the Rem Off, that is a huge help! I of course still want to figure out why the app is all whacked out when reading the pool temp and it is showing Pool Temp Sensor Error in the app.

I have attached a few photos of the app, the backend interface of the app showing 157 degrees, and a picture of the RUUD unit with the model number and instructions for Rem Off and Rem On. Please note, the RUUD picture is an older picture so ignore the PRS error on the screen. I just attached it so you can see the unit and have all of the facts. Thanks again!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230319-104217.png
    Screenshot_20230319-104217.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230319-104225.png
    Screenshot_20230319-104225.png
    284.1 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20211116_112827361.jpg
    PXL_20211116_112827361.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 7
Your pool temperature sensor is broken. It is easy to replace and not uncommon for it to go bad. Aqualink will not fire the heater up without the pool temp working. You could take the heater out of remote mode and run the pool heater manually from the heater buttons. You can get a new probe from Amazon they are around $25.

Reactions: 1poolman1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.