Pool heat pump what what size ?

The larger the BTUs the quicker it heats. If you have double the BTUs you will need to run it half as much for the same gains. Maybe a tad more because with all that downtime you'll lose a degree or two and have to turn it on again. But anyway, the investment upfront will pay for itself many times over.

The larger the BTUs the quicker it heats. If you have double the BTUs you will need to run it half as much for the same gains. Maybe a tad more because with all that downtime you'll lose a degree or two and have to turn it on again. But anyway, the investment upfront will pay for itself many times over.
ok but there must be a point where it just gets overkill, like i have used online calculators and get various answers, 10kw then 16kw, one guy said get 19kw, i am thinking 16kw, i am not worried about upfront cost, but am thinking about running cost, seems no sense in running a pump that way too big, but thats the question what is a good size without being overkill

Maybe with your 10k gallons and a 420k BTU gas heater, but the heatpumps max around 140k BTUs so it won't be overkill. Hang tight and some other folks will chime in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.