Pool Heat Pump timer Dilema

urbnrzqr

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Have my Jandy heat pump running and it's been great!!! Navigating the control panel and it doesn't seem to have a timer built in...

Was wondering if I can rely on the flow switch to control it. Currently don't have a timer on my pump but would like to add one. So would it be safe to say that it would be ok to have a timer on the pump and let the heat pump shut down when it recognizes no flow....

Heaters I believe have several safeties in them. Flow and high temp at least. Mine is controlled by automation but everyone I know with a heater without automation just rely on the heater to know if it should run or not based on flow.

Heaters have a pressure switch. So a certain amount of pressure drop must be sensed across the heat exchanger before the unit will run.

Heaters I believe have several safeties in them. Flow and high temp at least. Mine is controlled by automation but everyone I know with a heater without automation just rely on the heater to know if it should run or not based on flow.

Ok exactly what I wanted to hear! Now to shop for a timer. Thanks.

Heaters have a pressure switch. So a certain amount of pressure drop must be sensed across the heat exchanger before the unit will run.

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.