CJ_Dangle

Jan 16, 2021
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Looking to get a heat pump for my 18k gal in ground pool in Houston TX. House only has electrical. Pinch A Penny quoted a Sunblazer 128k BTU heat pump installed for about $4700 on sale. I will need to subcontract an electrician for a subpanel.

I haven’t heard of this brand. Any thoughts on the brand or advice for someone not familiar with heaters? Good cost?

Heat pumps are built from off the shelf AC system parts. There are many companies who assemble them and stick their label on them.

Confirm that there is someone local you can call for parts and service. We have seen folks with broken HPs where they can't get anyone to repair it. Lots of places will sell them but not service them.

Haven't heard of them. Big names are Raypack, Pentair, Hayward, Jandy and AquaCal...

Get the biggest one you can afford, and then push it. And those COP values they state....take them with a caution. Those values are under ideal conditions.

AquaCal, Gulfstream and Built Right are the major pool heat pump manufactures outside of Pentair, Jandy and Hayward.

I would lean towards AquaCal or Built Right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.