amraney

Jun 7, 2019
Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I feel like my pool is never going to clear up!!! I started the SLAM process May 15th. Tested my ph...it was at 7.2. My CYA was very low in the beginning but I've since got it up to 50. I've added liquid chlorine to slam level according to my CYA level. So for the last 3 weeks I've been keeping my Chlorine at 20 sweeping everyday sometimes twice a day. Testing multiple times a day to keep the chlorine at the slam level. I've been vacuuming pool and have removed all solid material that I know of. Pump has been running non stop for a month and I've back washed as needed. I live in the south so I've gotten a lot of rain during all this but the last week or so it hasn't rained that much. I feel like I'm doing everything right but my pool is just staying cloudy. What am I doing wrong?

I actually started the slam before May 15th but then got sick and couldn't keep up with it for about five days so it was blue but cloudy but went green in those 5 days. So really I've been slamming for what seems like FOREVER!!

Yes I have done that and have passed the last three times. This morning was the last time I preformed it and I didn't lose any at all. Wasn't aware that they were not being kept. I will look at that also.

We suggest a Deep Clean every year. No need to ever change the sand unless you use Floc, even once, or the regular use of clarifier.

Reactions: amraney
Yeah no more Floc or clarifer used here. Follow TFP methods all the way. So should I deep clean the filter first and then try the DE? Not going to lie....I want to do whatever will get us swimming the fastest.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Try the DE. If some of it comes back into the pool, you know you have a channel and need to deep clean.

Last step will be a quality clarifier. For just this issue, not regular use.

Reactions: amraney
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.