Pool Freezer Settings

vgomez1

Silver Supporter
Oct 13, 2017
NTX
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
In Texas dealing with the freeze. When my pool freeze settings turn on, my pool goes goes into pool mode and the jacuzzi blower turns on. The blower causes allot of water to go over the side and I have to add water several times a day. I've never adjusted the freeze settings since I bought the house. Does the blower have to be on? Can I have the pool in pool mode and spa mode instead? Thx!

What automation system do you have? Please add that to your signature.
You need to disable the freeze protection in your automation for your blower.

Lots of threads about this weather event in the forum Everything Else that I placed your thread.

What automation system do you have? Please add that to your signature.
You need to disable the freeze protection in your automation for your blower.

Lots of threads about this weather event in the forum Everything Else that I placed your thread.
I have a Jandy handheld PDA. Is that what you're looking for?

That means you have a Jandy Aqualink automation system. In your PDA you should be able to select what items are freeze protected.

I have a Jandy handheld PDA. Is that what you're looking for?
I can't have both pool mode and spa mode on. Pool mode runs water through the spa fountain water feature but not the spa jets. When the blower is on, water is also shot out from the spa jets. Is there another way to have water running through bother the pool and spa jets simultaneously? Thx again!

Most systems will alternate the pool and spa system (without blower and heater) every so many minutes.

Water will still flow, but you can check with your hand to make sure. I have a similar setup, I have everything on freeze protection except the blower or the vacuum. I also went a little crazy and wrapped some heating wire around it covered everything with towels and then covered all that with a tarp. I am West of Fort Worth.

PXL_20210214_165501636.jpg

Not sure the flamingo is going to make it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.