Pool Finish and Color Viewing Room...TFP Member Sound Off

Prettygirlt5

Jun 5, 2020
Saint Louis/MO
So I am having similar problem. I’m debating doing White Diamonds Pebble Sheen in tanning ledge but Blue Surf for rest of pool that only goes to 6Ft depth. I don’t like the dark color all the finishes give off for tanning ledge but I want a deeper color for inside pool. My problem now I just got a call from PB then are telling me the plaster co is saying I need to do a tile in the break where the 2 colors blend & then never said I had to do that. I don’t want tile inside pool like that. That’s not my style. Now I’m just at a loss. By the way my acid wash was done Friday & my plaster was supposed to have been sprayed today & tomorrow since I’m doing 2 colors but got a call Friday evening that they were out of the Abalone Shells. So now I’m pushed to Wed.

Reactions: cgtx

TexasRain

May 19, 2020
San Antonio, TX
So I am having similar problem. I’m debating doing White Diamonds Pebble Sheen in tanning ledge but Blue Surf for rest of pool that only goes to 6Ft depth. I don’t like the dark color all the finishes give off for tanning ledge but I want a deeper color for inside pool. My problem now I just got a call from PB then are telling me the plaster co is saying I need to do a tile in the break where the 2 colors blend & then never said I had to do that. I don’t want tile inside pool like that. That’s not my style. Now I’m just at a loss. By the way my acid wash was done Friday & my plaster was supposed to have been sprayed today & tomorrow since I’m doing 2 colors but got a call Friday evening that they were out of the Abalone Shells. So now I’m pushed to Wed.

You could find a neutral color that blends into the plaster color and put on the vertical side of the shelf at the top edge. only see it when you are in the pool. 🤷‍♀️ 😊

immlab

Apr 20, 2020
Austin, TX
I am guessing your pool is finished by now.
Ha, I wish! We have not even started! We have been waiting on the permit for 5 weeks now. I did "officially" select Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue but I am sure I have plenty of time to change that if I need to. I just don't want to go quite as dark as the other Pebble Sheen "medium" blues, I also like a very light color but don't know if I want just white, as I'm scared that could look dated in a shallow pool.

joynun

Bronze Supporter
Oct 8, 2019
Macon, GA
We got the same out-of-the-blue call about the tile where the two colors meet. We were super stressed about it, but did exactly what TexasRain suggested with a tile that blends in with the pebble color on the vertical part. You can barely see it, even when you’re in the pool. If you zoom in on this pic and you can see the 2x2 tiles.
576253A2-5272-4DBB-A2BF-A7119EEBEE19.jpeg

Prettygirlt5

Jun 5, 2020
Saint Louis/MO
We got the same out-of-the-blue call about the tile where the two colors meet. We were super stressed about it, but did exactly what TexasRain suggested with a tile that blends in with the pebble color on the vertical part. You can barely see it, even when you’re in the pool. If you zoom in on this pic and you can see the 2x2 tiles.
View attachment 150302
I could kind of see it when I zoomed in but I would never have noticed if you didn’t say. The crazy part is they told me to put the tile where yours is but match the color on the tanning ledge. Doesn’t make sense especially seeing how yours was done. Well they have pretty much talked me out of even doing the two tone. How do you like your steps being the same color as the pool & not the tanning ledge? I was originally doing tanning ledge, front of ledge & steps. They sent a guy from the Plaster Co to my house yesterday to basically talk me out of it. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I’m so over this it hasn’t been a good experience with this plaster co & they are the only ones that use Pebble Tech.

cgtx

Jul 23, 2018
Austin/TX
View attachment 150302
So is this White Diamonds on your sun ledge? Thank you!