Pool Filter Pressure Gauge Baseline

Kobiano

Apr 25, 2022
Dallas
Hello All,

New pool owner here (2 weeks and counting) and Ive already learned so much thanks to this forum and website. I recently sprayed off my Cartridge Filters to remove all of the debris and junk from the pool plaster as recommended by my pool builder.

I have one question....I read that you should notate the pressure reading after cleaning out the Filter to get a good sense of what the optimal operating pressure should be....however should I take that reading with the pump at low speed (4 psi) or at max speed (18 psi). I have a variable speed pump. I'm sure it doesn't matter but I would like this clarified as I'm trying to adjust the green arrow on my gauge to what the "optimal psi" is.

Thank you in Advance!

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP! :wave: I wouldn't base it on a really low speed/rpm because it might barely move the needle. My needle hardly moves at all on low. For my 2-speed I base it on high. Not sure what type or pump or equipment you have though. Be sure to update your signature when you get a chance. See mine as an example.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.