Pool Filter Plumbing PVC Piping

M,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your new pool questions, no matter how "Broke" your city is.... :shark:

I assume there is a pic that we can't see???

Try posting it again..

Jim R.

m,

I'm pretty sure any 10 year old could do a better job.. :p

But if the pool was completed a year ago, why did you not have your PB re-do it then?

It is ugly, but with a VS pump I doubt that you will have any flow issues.

I would never use ball valves...

Ok I looked at the pics again, and while I don't like it, it appears all the ugliness is now underground. So what problem are you having that you think the plumbing is causing???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,
I never saw the pipes as it was backfilled. I was doing some grading and thought I would uncover the pipes. I just though with all the twist & turns it may slow down the water flow. Im having no problems just bothers me.

m,

I suppose theoretically it has some effect, but in the big picture it would be hard to tell the difference.. Maybe having to run your pump at 1300 rpm instead of 1200 rpm...

It would bother me too, but at this point I'd just cover it back up... :p

Jim R.

m,

I'm pretty sure any 10 year old could do a better job.. :p

But if the pool was completed a year ago, why did you not have your PB re-do it then?

It is ugly, but with a VS pump I doubt that you will have any flow issues.

I would never use ball valves...

Ok I looked at the pics again, and while I don't like it, it appears all the ugliness is now underground. So what problem are you having that you think the plumbing is causing???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Why do you not like ball valves

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why do you not like ball valves

g,

After a few years they harden up and the handles will break off... We see it all the time on pictures of old equipment pads...

I'm sure it has to do with your location, local weather, and if the pad it protected, but in general, it is more than worth the extra cost to install Jandy valves..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Was this a brand new pool or a pool renovation. Several things about the plumbing suggest a reno(?)

This was a brand new pool installation.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jim,
What would cause air bubbles on the returns back to the pool. They start & stop maybe 5 seconds of bubbles & then 5 seconds they stop. There is no air bubles in the skimmer basket. I bleed the air out of the pressure relief value on the filter. Any advice ?

M,

Little tinny bubbles that come in spurts are most likely from your SWCG.. Perfectly normal..

Large bubbles would normally be related to a suction side air leak.

Which do you have?

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.