Pool filling now!! Tropics blue mini with puerto rico blend and blue glass added

Its full and looks really green which I know is to be expected! Start up today and can't wait to see the real color.. how long before that happens? A week or so?

Have you added chlorine yet? Due to my fill happening on the weekend, I had to wait two days to get my filter charged and chlorine running, so I was just recirculating. I found pretty substantial appearance changes and the green gone almost immediately after getting chlorine in. It’s subtly changed since.

I was gonna ask why you put green water in your pool! But you are already aware of the punch line. Agree - It is a fast change from the initial green tint.

Check out my build thread from this post on:

Post 167 is literally RIGHT after we turned the filter on and added chlorine. Completely different pool. Also, sunlight is really needed for the best look. Overcast and dawn/dusk will make the pool lean more green/dull.

While not the same color, close. Check out how green it was. You can see the following goes posts to see how fast it changes. You’ll love it, have no concerns. Your pool when finalized will be more blue than mine by a good margin based on your finish. You’ll love it. Please post progress pics for us and future viewers.

Have you added chlorine yet? Due to my fill happening on the weekend, I had to wait two days to get my filter charged and chlorine running, so I was just recirculating. I found pretty substantial appearance changes and the green gone almost immediately after getting chlorine in. It’s subtly changed since.
I am getting frustrated... he told me to get all balanced cya and ph before adding chlorine which makes sense.. so I just shocked last night but it is not even registering, pool really cloudy.... I put a floatie with pucks since can't use salt generator yet.... and nothing yet. am at a loss on how to get this clearing up and looking better. Someone suggested doing a slam method..... so maybe will try that tonight? not sure.... happy for you though!!!!

It looks like you have a few threads going.. perhaps the mods can combine them for you...

Raise your FC with liquid CL until you can turn on your SWG. Pucks in the floatie will take too long.. and they will add CYA to your water as well. That's probably not necessary since you just added CYA separately, according to your other thread.

It looks like you have a few threads going.. perhaps the mods can combine them for you...

Raise your FC with liquid CL until you can turn on your SWG. Pucks in the floatie will take too long.. and they will add CYA to your water as well. That's probably not necessary since you just added CYA separately, according to your other thread.
My pucks don't have cya in them.. but I agree.. this taking too long. pool guy telling me shock again.. I am headed to get bleach! thanks so much

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.