Pool Equipment Placement

You should have 12" of straight pipe before the SWCG. ORP does not work in a residential, outdoor pool setting.

Reactions: proavia
Looks nice and neat. Is there a way to drain water? I don't see an area where you can connect a vinyl hose to in order to drain water if needed. You may have an overflow built in in which case no big deal (a pump would be used for larger volumes of water drainage if needed).

Looks nice and neat. Is there a way to drain water? I don't see an area where you can connect a vinyl hose to in order to drain water if needed. You may have an overflow built in in which case no big deal (a pump would be used for larger volumes of water drainage if needed).
I do have an overflow - but appreciate the observation.

Reactions: Nectarologist
ORP does not provide accurate FC correlation with any CYA in the water. With a SWCG and an outdoor pool, your CYA needs to be 70 ppm or so or your SWCG will not be able to efficiently chlorinate your pool.

Reactions: rellumd
As long as you are not using it to control your SWCG, try it. I doubt you will be getting accurate results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last edited:
Well if you read the manuals there is a lot that needs to be addressed in that setup. Your SWG should be installed vertically with 12 to 18 inches of straight pipe. I can't tell the scale but it also should be 3 feet from the heater. Also your pump should have 10 inches straight run in front of the suction. I have attached the manual pages for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_20201216_185316~2.jpg
    IMG_20201216_185316~2.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20201216_185051~2.jpg
    IMG_20201216_185051~2.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 22
Does anyone see issues with this setup? The 2 T -Joints between the filter and heater are for ORP and PH Probes.

Thanks

View attachment 170975
Revised following input Not 100% but directional improvement made Almost 3 feet from Heater, SWC Vertical 10 inches straight before SWC By-Pass for heater and by-pass for SWC. Thank you to TFP members for the guidance.
1608234872381.png

Last edited:
You need to have a check valve on the output side of the heater before the T. As it is now your bypass will work as long as your heater holds pressure and does not leak. If your heater leaks and does not hold pressure without the CV water will flow through the bypass and back into the heater output and out the leak.

Heatre bypass missing CV.png

You need to have a check valve on the output side of the heater before the T. As it is now your bypass will work as long as your heater holds pressure and does not leak. If your heater leaks and does not hold pressure without the CV water will flow through the bypass and back into the heater output and out the leak.

View attachment 171045

Thank you - will get that set

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.