Pool eating FC!

Whjr15

Jul 6, 2019
NE Ohio
Hi guys! Just wanted to say, again, how awesome this site is. It’s truly an invaluable resource!

Anyway, after having my pool up for about a month now (24’ round AG 52”), with the help of this site, I’ve been keeping it maintained without the major hassle I went into it expecting. However, I've come across something that I would like advice on.

This morning (about 7 hours ago, from this posting), I added 10% bleach to achieve a FC of 21. (Pool math app must’ve glitched out on me, because I was shooting for 7!) The problem that I’m observing is that, a little over 7 hours later, with no swimming, the FC dropped to 15.5. Is an FC loss of 5.5 in 7 hours normal? From what I’ve been reading on here, I suspect not. Water is also brilliantly sparkling, with no visible indication that anything is wrong.

Other relevant info:
CYA: 40
CC: 0

Thanks!

FC loss is not linear. The higher the FC is the greater the rate of loss. You are ok.

I tested it using the tf-100 kit. The pool math app sometimes gives me drastically different suggested amounts, and I’m not sure why. It’s never been THIS big of a discrepancy, but I’ve always caught it & double checked before adding anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.