Pool drained over the winter... filling it back up and my liner is stretching... will it make it?

Sep 22, 2011
As I said in the other post, my pool drained over the winter due to a small leak I thought I fixed at the end of last season. I fixed that and I am in the process of filling it back up, but the liner seems to have strunk. It's pulling across the corners. It's hard to see, but there are two pictures attached. It's probably pulled out about 3" to 4" at the furthest point. I can push it back in by hand and it stretches, but that's only the points where my fingers are contacting the liner. Obviously, a lot more force would be required to pull the whole thing back in.

I don't know how old the liner is, but we've lived in this house for 8.5 years and the liner has been here the whole time. Any advice or opinions on whether it will make it?

Attachments

• 20200422_155007.jpg
    20200422_155007.jpg
    798.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20200422_155037.jpg
    20200422_155037.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 47
How high up is the water?
I think the liner will stretch as you fill it with water, but there is not guarantee it won't tear in the process.
Where was the hole, that let all the water drain out, located?

There is 20" of water right now. Everything I've read says you should fill the pool on a warm, sunnt day. The problem is, other than today, which wasn't really warm, but was sunny, its supposed to be cold and cloudy for the next few days. Not sure if I should stop filling it up tonight before it gets too cold and then wait a few days yo continue until its warmer.

Yes, there was a hole that I thought I fixed at the end of last season.
Where was the hole? Was it any where near the liner areas that have shrunk and are now being stretched with the refill?
Wondering because of the possibility of the patch stretching too. Keep an eye on it.
There is 20" of water right now. Everything I've read says you should fill the pool on a warm, sunny day. The problem is, other than today, which wasn't really warm, but was sunny, its supposed to be cold and cloudy for the next few days. Not sure if I should stop filling it up tonight before it gets too cold and then wait a few days to continue until its warmer.
You are right to refill when the temps are warm. Where are you located? What is considered warm for your location? (70's for us, LOL)

Where was the hole? Was it any where near the liner areas that have shrunk and are now being stretched with the refill?
Wondering because of the possibility of the patch stretching too. Keep an eye on it.

You are right to refill when the temps are warm. Where are you located? What is considered warm for your location? (70's for us, LOL)

The patch is in the deep end so it's no where near the top which is where the stretching is needed. I am in South Jersey, so warm for us right now will be 70s as well. It's really annoying because we have a seemingly never-ending cold spell right now, even for NJ. Temps for the next two weeks are not expected to go above the 60s... perfect timing.

• Sad
Reactions: mariane
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.