Gold Supporter
May 11, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Overall, we are in love with the final results. In hindsight we might have shifted to pool due to the topography of our backyard (it slopes down left to right). Had we shifted it to the right 10', we could have had it be 2-3' lower. Now it is quite high on the right side. We knew we would be dealing with landscaping to improve privacy regardless, so it's not that big of a deal. Being higher does allow us to enjoy the view from inside our house which we enjoy.

Besides cleaning up some of the plaster, the only thing I can see that we might want redone is the transition from the spa to the pool. We picked white thinset (which looks great for the vertical pieces), but now that area looks completely white (what's odd is that it did NOT look white until there was water over it). I'm thinking about having the tile guys come out and remove it and redo it with grey thinset. What do you think?

I'll add a pic soon.E2FCEF82-DDFF-411F-804C-DF30A1C2E154.jpeg

Yeah, pics would help to tell you what we think.

I think your pool looks great. I would not rip stuff out. Whatever you are seeing no one else will.

The color tile there does look kinda "odd" considering all the trim tile is blue. Me personally would've did blue there, but you have to ask yourself could you live with it without cringing every time you look at it? The pool looks great BTW.

It's crazy because it's the same color glass as all the other tile. The white thinset made it look white and it stood out even more once we added water.

If I'm picking between the white tile and the blue tile, I do like the blue tile better but by no means does that mean the white isn't nice too! I would imagine redoing that section wouldn't cost too much, if you do decide to go that route. Either way, that's one awesome pool, congrats!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I do see what you mean in the up-close picture. I don't think it looks bad but you will have to decide if that is going to drive you crazy and if it is worth a re-do.

Just saw that you said it is the same glass...its odd how the white thinset changes the color like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.