Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2021
North TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We are set to dig next week - woohoo! We had agreed on depths 3.5 (entry) , 5 (middle), 3.5 (far end). Someone had suggested doing 3.5, 5, 4 as it would be more comfortable for adults in 4ft of water. We have younger kids (but I know they won't be little forever) and we would like this to be a sports pool. Any advice?

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Yup, go with either 3.5" to 5' to 4' or even 4-5-4
Kids have no problems once they're off the steps- its usually all still too deep to walk but they float just fine using their floatie wings or sitting ona float of some type....with momma near by.
By 4-5 years they're jumping in the deep end!

Maddie 🇮🇹

Reactions: AGGIESARAH

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Hey Sarah and Welcome !!!

You will want these in several sizes. 'Puddle jumpers'

Nor just for your own, but for company. They work so much better than floaties/vests and being comfortable there is much less arguing about it. No matter how well they cam swim, any kid that can't comfortably touch bottom will get tired loooooooong before they are ready to get out. Also, I found that friends kept having kids once we were done, so little ones were still coming for a few years after mine were bigger.

Having the proper safety devices allowed all the adults some relief from being hawks. We were all there paying attention, but with less constant worry.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
When talking to your builder make sure he understands you are specifying water depth and not depth from the bond beam. Get what you agree to in writing.

Reactions: SSharp
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.