Pool deck vacuum / sweeper

coolinthepool

May 8, 2019
Fishers, IN
Hey, all! Boy is this a hard one to google, because it either brings up pool vacuum results or industrial floor sweepers. :)

Want to be clear that I'm not talking about deep cleaning (power washing), I'm talking about daily maintenance.

I'm looking for recommendations for a walk behind concrete pool deck sweeper / vacuum. Like many, I'm sure, my in ground pool is surrounded by a lot of stamped concrete (more sqft than my house and also wraps around my house and pool house via continuous sidewalks). That stamped concrete is surrounded by landscaped garden beds. Initially when I moved in, those garden beds were in disarray and so I just used a blower to blow everything off the deck. Even this was frustrating to no end, because I have four mature trees on each corner of my pool. When it rains, my deck is covered in stuff, and the blower, as powerful as it is, can't direct everything well enough. Now all of my garden beds are cleaned up and I can't have dirt and debris blowing into them, so I'm on the lookout for a residential outdoor sweeper. Automated would be the dream, but I think I'm a few years early for something that's heavy duty and reliable enough, plus I have kids to do that ;). It does not need to be battery powered, I have plugs everywhere. It can be though. I also see there are powerless ones that just require pushing. I'm open to that, if they actually work.

So what are y'all's experiences? Surely I'm not the only one who doesn't have a bare field around their pool.

Last edited:

coolinthepool

May 8, 2019
Fishers, IN
outdoor vacuum for leaves

Use that term in your search engine. I got lots of hits.
Ah, So I did that and get a lot of handheld leaf sucker / vacuum type tools. These look great, but I've got one and it doesn't pick up stuff that's a bit stuck to the concrete. One option I have found is a manufacturer called "Karcher". I guess something like this Hoover sweeper as well.

Katodude

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2017
West Palm Beach/Florida
Believe it or not, I have actually run my Roomba outside on my deck. I did it for fun a few times and it worked great. Now that I think about it I need to consider putting one there permanantly.

I just need to buy one with the advanced mapping feature. Since there really is only serveral sections that I care about.

But I would love to have a better answer than the broom and dustpan I use now and hate.

Reactions: coolinthepool

coolinthepool

May 8, 2019
Fishers, IN
Believe it or not, I have actually run my Roomba outside on my deck. I did it for fun a few times and it worked great. Now that I think about it I need to consider putting one there permanantly.

I just need to buy one with the advanced mapping feature. Since there really is only serveral sections that I care about.

But I would love to have a better answer than the broom and dustpan I use now and hate.
I’ve considered the same. I just get so many leaves from my trees, it’d fill up in no time or get clogged. I just spent an hour push brooming and dust panning and covered about a quarter of the space. This is no way to get along.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

PCR

Bronze Supporter
Jul 19, 2015
Frederick County, MD
Get a blower/vacuum combination rather than just a blower. That will suck up and mulch into a bag anything relatively loose on the deck, which it sounds like most of what you are dealing with is.

coolinthepool

May 8, 2019
Fishers, IN
Billy Goat offerings are the only thing I could say are worth the $$.

Dang, that looks really nice. I ordered a $200 option, which I suspect might be underwhelming. If that fails to impress, I may seriously consider one of these bad boys.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.