Pool deck options?

aliinfl

Jun 16, 2018
Central FL
Hi everyone,

If anyone has gotten there pool deck redone in anyway, is anyone willing to say how much it cost them? It's so hard to google this info. Everything is always very vague and no one gives out dollar amounts. I dont want to waste people's time in coming out to give me a quote when I dont even have a ballpark figure? My original concrete deck was kooldeck coated when it was built 28 yrs ago. It's been painted a few times since but much of the underlying kooldeck is worn off underneath and in much of those spots is where the paint wears off and just gets repainted. My concrete surface area with the pool cut out would be around 550-600 sq ft. If a brand new kooldeck is almost as much as pavers,due to having to take off the original one first, then I might as well go with pavers. But I dont even know if pavers are like 3 times as much! Or travertine. Or concrete overlay? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alicia

Katodude

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2017
West Palm Beach/Florida
I have travertine in a French pattern and love it. Now, I also had it grouted a couple of years after the install and that improved the look considerably. If you are installing over an original concrete surface that should make things a little better for you.

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Marrietta Ga
I had mine redone about 3 or 4 years ago. I also had kool deck and several cracks. Hired a local company to redo it, they had to grind the kool deck off and repair the cracks. Then they paint it with a sundek product which is some kind of strong epoxy type paint I believe.
Turned out pretty nice, I have had a few places chip up but I just recoat them with the pain/coating.
If I remember correctly it took them a full week to complete the job
I have a lot of concrete and seems like it was around $10K, if interested I can probably dig out the quote which may have sq and pricing

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
I did flagstone at $14 a foot and it was the same as stamped concrete at that time. I seem to remember pavers was $23 a foot, and travertine would probably be in that general price range.

Dman77720

Jan 22, 2020
Henderson, NV
My new construction cost was $8.40 SF for the new concrete an spray deck and the old concrete having the spray deck added to it was $5.85 SF. Hopefully this help you build an estimated costs give or take for the different regions.

jp4120

May 11, 2012
Any feedback from SunDek customers? are you happy and would recommend? do you consider it a good value/money well spent? i guess not much choice if you want to refresh a 20 year old deck and don't want to jackhammer and haul away tons of concrete.
(per the salesrep, SunDek is not epoxy, its an aggregate that bonds to existing cement)

He gave me a quote for $6400 - job covers 840 square feet with some extra prep and joint replacements.
this application is over 20 year old concrete deck/cantilevered coping that is in decent shape with hairline cracks and discoloration

Last edited:

Jordada

May 3, 2020
Northern Kentucky
I'm very curious in the responses as well. I am in the process of getting estimates to either replace or rehab my kooldeck pool deck. I had someone come out today that only uses travertine (and oh my is it gorgeous) or pavers but with around 1000 sqft to replace and $20/sqft cost, it is not in the budget. Aside from him, I'm having a hard time getting some of these contractors to send estimates. So, I'm not really sure what to expect as far as costs.

malba2366

Jul 27, 2016
Middletown, NY
To give you a general idea, Pavers generally cost $11-13 a square foot in labor and materials excluding the actual pavers. The basic (good quality ones you would want..not the builder grade ones) pavers cost around $4 a square foot and fancy pavers, porcelain pavers and some stones can get up to $10 a square foot in materials. This doesn't include removal of the existing deck.