Pool deck footing/bonding wire

Dcap

Jun 19, 2019
New york
I think the bonding wire which is at about 20-24 inches from above ground pool wall is going to be in the radius of my deck footing dig. Has anyone had this issue or know the proper solution. I can’t seem to find anyone who had the same concern. Should I have had them install the wire closer?

Last edited:
Is it a continuous trench or just post footings? If it's a continuous footing, have them move the bond loop out of the path. If it's post footings have them inspect and repair any bond wire that they damage while digging/boring the footings.

Have the move/repair put in writing in either case.

No continuous trench for footings. The will be individually dug
Then I'd just have them repair it if they dig into it. Like I said, make sure you present them with a letter that they sign or an email that they have to reply to, that shows that they accept responsibility if they don't repair it.

I'd also have a few bonding rated split bolts and a few feet of #8 ga bare wire on hand that they can use.

Why is the bonding wire so far from the pool?
Code requires it to be 18" to 24" from the pool wall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.